Thursday 20 May 2010

Top Five: Welsh Bands

Ah, Wales. Home to one of the worlds best accents, as well as some of the best rock music that the UK is currently creating, in my humble opinion. These are my five favourites, in order, which was a harder task than you might imagine.

5. Kids In Glass Houses
Despite what I may have written in a recent blog belonging to the Music Guru, I do actually like the music of KIGH, I just find them to be a little bit samey and predictable, but you can not deny them of their ability to create high quality music.
Check these out:
Me, Me, Me (Give Me What I Want)
Saturday
Easy Tiger

4. The Automatic
Specifically the 'Not Accepted Anywhere' era. I had forgotten how much I used to be in love with this album, until one of the songs came up on a music shuffle. Back in the days when people actually listened to CDs, this album was almost constantly in the stereo, when I wasn't having a boyband moment, or at least until the next exciting CD turned up. Not so much of a fan of their later works.
Check these out:
That's What She Said
Recover
Seriously... I Hate You Guys

3. Lostprophets
Specifically, NOT 'The Betrayed' era. This band used to be awesome. Now they suck. I do not want to dwell on this any further, so lets move on.
Check these out:
Last Train Home
A Town Called Hypocrisy
Burn, Burn

2. Funeral For A Friend
I'm quite a late jumper on the FFAF train, not appreciating their true awesomeness until I saw them live for the first time. I think it is a bit of a crime that there are so many people on this earth who have no idea who these guys are, partly because of their musical genuis, but also because they seem like genuinely nice chaps.
Check these out:
Escape Artists Never Die
Into Oblivion
Streetcar

1. The Blackout
I remember the first time I saw this band very clearly - it is a day that will stick out in my mind for possibly the rest of my life. I'm not gonna lie to you all, the first time I saw these dudes live, I was about as far from impressed as you could get. However, luckily for me, the band featured as the support act for many gigs I attended following this, which allowed me to give the band a second (and third and fourth... )chance and they are now my favourite bunch of Welshies.
Check these out:
It's High Tide Baby
Children Of The Night
I'm A Riot, You're A F*cking Riot

No comments:

Post a Comment