Monday 22 February 2010

Top Five: 30 Seconds To Mars Vids

There are three reasons for this blog.
Reason One: I am a little bit in love with this band and their epic scale videos. They are more than just pictures to accompany a song. They are mini-movies.
Reason Two: I went to see this band last night and they are now fully embedded in my little Emma-sized brain, so I am now trying to set them free.
Reason Three: I have noticed that whenever Jared Leto gets mentioned on this blog, my viewings go up.
Anyway, these are my five favourite 30 Seconds To Mars (or 30stm as I shall now refer to them as) videos so far, even though there are only seven to chose from. This is not necessarily my five favourite songs, just the videos which I think are the best.

5. Kings & Queens
The best bike ride ever. Literally all I have to say.


4. The Kill
Probably the most well-known of all the bands videos, and definitely the one that looks like it has had the most money thrown at it.


3. Capricorn (A Brand New Name)
30stm get down and dirty. I don't really understand this video, not gonna lie, but it looks cool so I like it.


2. A Beautiful Lie
Not many vids can lay claim to having such epic backgrounds as this one (with the exception of Westlife who have shamelessly copied this video), and the sites of Greenland coupled with slow-mo shots is pretty damn cool.


1. From Yesterday
One of my most favourite videos, not just by these chaps. It's dramatic, there is a bit of facial acting, a hell of a lot of flags, fighting and, for the Leto-obsessed amongst us (you know who you are - thanks for checking out the blog btw!), a brief shot of Jared in his topless state. I'll save you from the 11 minute version.



While I'm at it, my top five favourite songs are:
5. Capricorn (A Brand New Name)
4. This Is War
3. A Beautiful Lie
2. The Kill
1. The Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment