Saturday 27 February 2010

Top Five: Playstation Games

I feel I should point out that I am not the most avid of gamers, so my knowledge is somewhat limited. And also out of date (hence the list being of games playable on a pretty outdated format - although I own a PS2, pretty much all the games I own involve microphones). I think it is also worth a mention that I do not have 'mad skillz' when it comes to computer games. Games that involve karaoke (as mentioned above) or keeping to a musical beat, I can do. Shoot-em-ups and action adventures, not so much. That said, all the games I am yet to mention are all the in the second category of games. I might not be very able, but I am enthusiastic. While I am still confessing to my gaming sins, it should also be noted that I have only ever completed one console game all on my lonesome. And that was 'Happy Feet'. A game made for ten year olds.

5. Bubble Bobble
This was a game I never actually owned, but was in my household for a short amount of time. I don't really remember the point of it, other than there being a substantial amount of bubbles involved. I do, however, remember playing this game with my buddy Claire and thinking it was one of the best things I had even seen.

4. Tomb Raider 3
Before the game pretended to come to an end and moved to a more sophisticated platform, I reckon this was probably the best game in terms of graphics and story. However, I have never actually owned it myself and have only really experienced the game by watching others play on it (by others, I mean Laura), and making token contributions which are most likely ignored by the those with the controllers in their hand.

3. Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
This is one of those games that I am only really familiar with the first few levels. As mentioned a fair few times by now, I am not very gifted in activities that involve the use of a controller. This game is no exception to that rule. As a result, so that I am able to pretend to be a small, but perfectly formed crocodile and make awesome sound effects (ka-pow! ka-splat!), I have to keep playing the same levels repeatedly. I am awesome at the first island. Do not doubt it.

2. Spyro The Dragon
My Wikipedia research has just informed me that there are 13 games in this series. Who knew? Although I am not really that surprised. Who would not want to be a cute, little purple dragon with attitude? Just me? Okay then. I pretty much spend most of my time playing this game charging round and round in circles looking for sheep. I would like to to think, that if I had more patience, I would be able to complete this game. I suspect I am in denial.

1. Tomb Raider
Hey, guess what? I am pants at this game too! I put this game above all others though for several reasons. For example, although she isn't actually a real person, Lara Croft is a bit of a heroine. It is also pretty cool to roam around raiding tombs in a highly athletic manner. Of course, I also do this for real in my down time, but when my shorts are in the laundry and my satchel is at the repairers, I still need the practice.

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprisingly proud that you covered video games, even if its for an older format :D Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really sure you can call Bubble Bobble a "Playstation Game". Okay so it did come out on the Playstation, but that was like the LAST format ever. It came out on the 8-bit computers up to 10 years earlier :P I first played it on the ZX-Spectrum in about 1988 :P

    ReplyDelete