Friday 16 April 2010

Top Five: Girl Crushes

All girls have "girl crushes" on women that they admire in some way, sometimes to a slightly obsessive level (in the same way that blokes have "man crushes", normally on footballers or presenters of blokey TV shows). These are my Top Five ones. Admittedly, it doesn't normally stretch to five different females, but I have a blog to write here, so five it shall be. Thems the rules.

5. Beyonce Knowles
I pretty much included her because I needed five names. However, this does not detract from the fact that she is an incredibly awesome human being. She is one of the few people in this world that are more talented than is really fair, although to balance that out, she has appeared in some movies of a slightly dubious quality. She also seems to have a habit of recreating the same music video again and again at the moment, if you don't include the work she has done with other artists. Her status as a sex symbol has become most evident to me while trying to find a picture to accompany this post, and struggling to find one in which she is modestly dressed. So much so, in fact, that I abandoned the whole picture concept.

4. Demi Lovato
This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact she is dating a Jonas. Actually, most of you probably didn't even know that in the first place. So let's just pretend I never said that. As anyone who knows me can confirm, I have yet to actually grow up, and am still a little obsessive with Disney, specifically the music that is associated with it. I mention this because Miss Lovato is my favourite of the Disney associated females currently doing the rounds, mainly due to the fact she has a vocal talent I would kill to have. Well, not actually kill. I am not cut out for life in prison. I listen to Disney!

3. Hayley Williams
She's friggin' Hayley Williams! I really don't think any more reasoning is needed than that!

2. Leighton Meester
Probably more to do with the fact she is Blair Waldorf, to be honest. Her character in 'Gossip Girl' is my favourite for many reasons including her bitchy put-downs and killer wardrobe. And the fact she tamed Chuck Bass - to a degree anyway. I am aware neither of them are real people. This particular "girl crush" is pretty much based in the world of television.

1. Katy Perry
When Katy Perry first appeared on my radar, I brushed her aside. I saw 'I Kissed A Girl' as being a novelty tune, and just assumed she would soon disappear. Then I heard 'Hot and Cold' and saw the errors of my ways. I now like her debut single, if anyone is interested. Like Blair Waldorf, she also has a killer (although very different) wardrobe, although unlike Blair she is an actual person. I suspect you had already noticed that though. She has also got that English Rose look going on, which makes a change from the usual highly tanned female musicians that we normally see.

No comments:

Post a Comment