Sunday 20 December 2009

A few thoughts: RATM vs Geordie Joe

  • I have my doubts that everyone celebrating RATM's victory actually bought the single. If you didn't buy it, you can't really relish in it. How did you contribute exactly?
  • I also find it a little odd that the 'campaign' has been blasted by the likes of Mr Cowell and co. Surely its the same chart battle as every other week. There are songs to chose from, and people buy the ones they like.
  • Joe fans: Stop your moaning. If more people liked 'The Climb' than 'Killing In The Name' then that would have been number one. I downloaded other songs off itunes that I liked. I wasn't doing it because I hate The X-Factor. I did it because I like those songs.
  • Number 2 is still a perfectly respectable chart position. While this will probably make no difference to Joe's career, the music of RATM has now been brought to the attention of quite possibly millions of people who didn't even know they existed before. Promotion of new music can only be a good thing, right?
  • I initially felt bad for Joe, like I was ganging up on him. But it occurred to me that I didn't like his song. And I wasn't gonna pay for music I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment