Thursday 10 December 2009

Top Five: US Shows *SPOILERIFIC*

My five favourite shows currently airing in the US.
I am watching most of these shows at US pace, so the below may contain spoilers.

5. 90210
This show is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. I have always been a fan of the american High School drama (The OC, Dawsons Creek, My So Called Life, NOT 10 Things I Hate About You), and 90210 is currently filling that particular void in my life. Naomi's sister annoyed the hell out of my though. She should have got her come-uppance much sooner.

4. Cougar Town
One of Courtney Cox's shows following the end of Friends, and finally one that is worthy of her comic skills and acting chops. Okay, so its no Friends, but it is easier to put that to the back of your mind, as it is easy to get through the show without making comparisons between Monica Gellar and Jules Cobb.

3. House
This might sound a little sad, but I don't like watching House on TV. Instead, I prefer to wait until the box sets come out on DVD and then watch as many of them as I can in a short space of time. This is partly because I am so keen to find out what happens next, that I don't want to wait a whole week to find out what comes next. I would seriously recommend this show to anyone, even those who are not fans of the medical drama genre. Hugh Laurie is simply amazing, and is backed up by a very believable support cast and guest stars that read like a whos who of under-appreciated talent.

2. Glee
Glee pretty much gives me everything that I want out of a show. There is singing and dancing. It is funny. There is drama galore. Love triangles. Complex relationships. AND it's set in a High School! The only reason its not the number one show for me? No Chuck Bass. That's pretty much it.

1. Gossip Girl
I am in love with this show. I described it once as it being The OC, but with a hotter cast. But is so much more than that! As you may have gathered already, I am little bit in love with Chuck Bass. The evolution of his character and his relationship with Blair, and the scenes that play out as a result of that, are the highlight of every episode to me. My favourite episodes are those where the big secrets and dramas that have been bubbling under the surface all explode in a short space of time. Although that sounds a bit mean when I repeat it. I am also glad now the Hillary Duff stuff is done with. I am hope she isn't coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment