Friday 4 December 2009

Top Five: Dinner Party Guests

If I could invite any five people to a dinner party, who would it be?
(Let me know who yours are in the comments below).

1. Matt Bellamy.
One of my musical heroes and someone I find incredibly fascinating. Creative sorts interest me, and I would love to know how he gets his ideas. Although I suspect he wouldn't share those kind of details with me. I have plans to befriend him so he will let me join the band. I think I could be in charge of the triangle. Or buffing up Bellamy's guitars. Or throwing the balloons filled with glitter. You know, important things like that.

2. Joss Whedon.
Joss is THE man! He may also be one of the unluckiest men in the world at the moment, as his (in my humble opinion) awesome TV shows keep getting cancelled. Anyone who can come up with the dialogue of shows such as Buffy and Serenity has to be an awesome conversationalist. He also inspires loyalty from those who he works with, so he must be a nice chap.

3. Jared Leto.
Yes, he is being mentioned for about the millionth time. This particular choice may just be because I am going through a bit of a phase and want to kidnap the man. If he came to my dinner party, it would save me a lot of effort. He is too talented for his own good. He brings these things on himself.

4. Zac Efron.
He doesn't have to speak. He can just sit there and look pretty. This role could also be filled by others, but he is the current prime candidate.

5. Jane Austen.
Partly because I feel like I should have a female presence at this dinner party of mine. Partly because I admire her romantic notions. Partly because her stories are so timeless and loved by millions. And partly because I want to have words with her as to why the nice, dependable, loving man is never the one chosen in love triangles, while the female runs off with the rebel/bad guy/arrogant twit etc. I blame her partly responsible for this.

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of your choices missus!

    I want to list mine but I'm in one those 'can't think of others other than the fine choices you've made', so I'll have to have a think!

    Alternatively I could pretend I can only think of Jared Leto and the two of us could just have an intimate dinner together... *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behave yourself woman. You know it would be a dinner for 3 anyway: you, leto and his blackberry.

    ReplyDelete