Thursday 28 January 2010

Top Five: The Blackout

I rather love The Blackout. I have seen them live many, many times, most usually as tour support for the likes of Fightstar (expect them to have their own post soon!) and Lostprophets - There is something about the cheeky, hyper, welsh lads that make me want to come keep coming back for more. I also like the fact that they repeat their MySpace address and the fact they are from South Wales a LOT. The last time I saw them they had dialled this down a lot, but still managed to mention where they hailed from about three times. As if their accents did not clearly give this away. I also like the fact that even though they have released one EP (with one of the best names EVER) and two albums, they are still relatively unknown, although fiercely supported, and therefore get to appear at festivals and small venues. Wikipedia describes their genre as post hardcore, which although I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, also (apparently) includes the likes of those mentioned before as tour headliners, so I guess it is a fairly apt description.
Anyway, here is a list of my five favourite songs of theirs, just in case you feel inclined to check them out, which you should by the by. In the words of someone who hails from the home country of The Blackout: "I prefer their older stuff" but "they are meant to be very good live". Personal joke there. Still makes me laugh. Anyway, back to the countdown. Focus, Emma!

5. It's High Tide Baby featuring Ian Watkins - from the EP "The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout!"

4. Fashion Concious Suicide - from the EP "The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout!"

3. I'm A Riot, You're A F*cking Riot - from the EP "The Blackout! The Blackout! The Blackout!"

2. Children Of The Night - from the album "The Best In Town!"

1. I Know You Are, But What Am I? - from the album "We Are The Dynamite"

No comments:

Post a Comment