Monday 15 March 2010

Top Five: Pros of the Common Cold

As it is time for my annual Summer Cold, I thought it best I try to cheer myself up by thinking of the positive aspects of my current state. I will admit now that it was a bit of a stretch to think of five things, but bear with me. If you can think of anything I've missed, please add it to the comments section below.

5. Taste Numbness
Although it is slightly annoying that you can't fully taste good food anymore, at least if you are eating something that doesn't taste so good, you aren't really aware of it. This is especially useful if you are being made to eat somewhere that doesn't make food of a very high quality as you can pretend that it actually tastes awesome.

4. Comedy/Childrens tissues
I am currently using HSM 3 tissues, courtesy of my mother. Marginally more exciting than regular tissues. If anyone is interested, while the packets are adourned with HSM related pictures, the tissues themselves are just plain white, which is a little bit of a letdown to be honest.

3. Cough Mixture
Although all the medicine in the world is not able to actually cure the Common Cold, at least it tastes better than the stuff you get for other illnesses. Although its no Calpol. Children's medicine is so much better.

2. Laziness
You don't feel any internal guilt for being lazy when you have a cold. You can embrace your inner Man Flu and justify spending time not doing anything. Plus, as you can normally sound more ill than you really are, so others tend not to disturb your lazy time (although I think part of that is just the fear that they will catch it). This also translates to not feeling bad about making lazy food like microwaveable delights, instant mash and toast.

1. Singing like Adam Levine
I take my in-car singing very seriously. I treat it like my own sound booth, as no-one can hear me, or my choice of music. My current CD of choice is the latest Maroon 5 album. On a side note does anyone know when the next one is coming out? Anyway, in the seriousness of the afore mentioned in-car singing, I find great joy in the fact that while I am in the 'stuffy nosed' section of the Common Cold process (before I get to the 'i can't speak without coughing' section), my voice sounds marginally more like that of Adam Levine's. Admittedly its not quite at the Stars In Their Eyes level, but its enough to make me feel a bit better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment