Friday 23 October 2009

Top Five: American Idolers

5. Chris Daughtry
An awesome rock voice. Very unlike the norm when it comes to the type of singers who you expect to see on these kind of shows.

4. Jennifer Hudson
Not the biggest fan of her music in all honesty, but her performance in Dreamgirls is nothing short of extra-ordinary. Definitely worth the Oscar. You believe every word she sings in that movie and she even manages to upstage Beyonce, which is not an easy feat.

3. Kelly Clarkson
More of an fan of old school Clarkson. Well to be more precise, I am a pretty much a fan of all her works, apart from 'My December'. Slightly more obscurely, it is also worth checking out her duets with Country legend Reba McEntire. Kelly would wipe the floor with any of the contestants on the British equivalents on this show (as would anyone past this point on the list to be fair). Except for maybe Leon Jackson. I loved him.

2. Carrie Underwood
I am a bit of a secret country music lover. Although I'm kinda selective. I love how the music doesn't pretend to be anything other than it is, and is always uplifting. It's no coincidence she has won a pretty amazing 4 Grammys and a ridiculous 14(!!) Billboard Music Awards. But then again someone decided to give U2 22 Grammys, so maybe that's not a good indication of anything.

1. Jordin Sparks
As much at home with big ballads, as epic pop tunes and uptempo numbers. I think it is literally impossible to chose a favourite song of hers. Not only are her vocal abilities undeniable (Her live singing sounds exactly the same as the record!), but she also seems to be a genuinely nice person. I wish she was my friend. Maybe I will tweet her...

No comments:

Post a Comment