Tuesday 6 October 2009

Top Five: Disney Live Actions

5. Cool Runnings
The story of the first Jamaican bobsleigh team. Sounds lame. Really isn't. Doesn't end the way you expect sports movies to. Christmas is not complete without this film, which is odd as it actually has nothing to do with xmas. Unless you count the ice, which is kinda like snow, which supposedly happens on Christmas Day. But I think I am clutching at straws.

4. Remember The Titans
Another sports movie, this time based on a racially integrated US football team. Saw this for the first time late night on TV. Loved it so much I went out and bought it on DVD the next day. Part of the charm is in seeing the familiar faces with younger faces, such as Hayden Panettiere and Ryan Gosling. And Turk from Scrubs.

3. Mary Poppins
Penguins, Julie Andrews, chimney sweeps, merry-go-rounds, snow globes, pigeons, umbrellas, tape measures, banks, kites, crazy captains, suffragettes, singing, dancing and one of the worst accents ever featured in film (but that's a whole other countdown). The pure joy of singing the songs is one of the reasons I have watched this so many times.

2. High School Musical
I was/am a little obsessed with the HSM films and I was very tempted to put this at number one, but there is one reason why it isn't. The third film. It seems to forget about most of the characters storylines and mostly focuses on Troy and Gabriella, which is also a problem because Vanessa Hudgens annoys me. Not sure why. She just does. On the plus side, Zac Efron and Ashley Tisdale more than make up for it. Although for very different reasons. What time is it?

1. Pirates Of The Caribbean
As you have probably gathered by now, I don't have the most sophisticated of tastes when it comes to cinema (just wait until you see my music opinions!). I am pretty much guaranteed to want to watch films that feature explosions, fights, romance and comedy. But mostly explosions. I can't think of a lot to say about it really. Other than it is pretty much my number one by default (see above), but still worth a watch. Although
they are a bit long.

No comments:

Post a Comment