Thursday 23 September 2010

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry.

Top 5: Potentially Irrational Angers

There are some things which really get my goat everytime, for reasons that I am not entirely sure of, so its going to be hard to give explanations. You may have to just accept the way my brain works, although I will try my very best to try and make some sense of my 'issues'. As you may notice (unless you are unable to read), most of these things involve people. Maybe I am just getting intolerant in my old age.

5. Tall people at gigs.
Okay, so I fully appreciate that it is not your fault that your genes have decided that you are going to be giant whilst I am a dwarf, but this does not mean that you have to stand directly in front of me, so that I can't see. It just takes a bit of logic and common courtesy: if you stand behind me, you can still see the stage, if you stand in front of me, I can not. And when I pay to see a band, I would like to at least get a passing glimpse of them at some stage.

4. Kindle's.
Or any form of electronic reading tool really. Books are superior. There is no need for an alternative. The end.

3. Drivers who don't indicate.
I am no car expert, but to the best of my knowledge, every car is fitted with a very handy tool called an indicator. This means that you can let other people know which direction you are planning on heading in so that they do not have to wait at roundabouts/junctions etc unnecessarily. This gadget is also handy on motorways, to give other drivers some kind of warning that you are about to pull out in front of them.

2. People who shout idiotic comments at people in the street.
Having been victim to this in the past, and a bit in the current in all honesty, I can confirm that this is can result in pretty much the shittiest feeling in the world. First of all, it is completely unnecessary. Second of all, what on earth makes you think that it is your place in society to loudly abuse people in the street or point out things that you view as being flaws in other human beings. I'm not saying you can't think these things, but there really is no need to share it. Which leads me on to...

1. People who @reply other people on twitter with unfriendly comments.
There is only one reason that this annoys me more than it being in person, and that is the cowardice of the people who do it. You would be highly unlikely to say these things to someones face (not that you should anyway, reading what some people write) so don't hide behind your computer and do it. These people are often the first to complain if/when someone does the same thing back to them, so you think that they would learn how it feels, but apparently not.

And that ends todays preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment